Monday, July 9, 2007

The new COPY CAT challenge - keeping it simple

Okay, I’ve decided to start a new challenge. Well, there are tons of them on the internet, but I’m going to try another one! Since I’ve really been getting into digital scrapbooking these days, not only because it’s faster, easier for me, cheaper, takes up less space in my house but because I feel I can design better on the computer then I can using paper. But at the same time, I have tons of paper scrapbooking supplies that I just can’t let go. I still love the papers and embellishments too much that I still want to create with them. I just find it hard to come up with my own ideas with paper. Probably because I am so overwhelmed with all the supplies I have, that I just don’t know where to start. After looking thru magazines and blogs, I’ve been finding that I like the simple, clean layouts in paper scrapbooking (but I LOVE the bold, full of embellies, stitching, you name it on digital ones). That is why I have decided to do a challenge called “Copy Cat Challenge – Keeping it simple”. This way I will be able to copy those fabulous designs out there and maybe some day use up all my paper stash with sleek, clean designs scrap-lifted from others!

So, here we go…Copy Cat Challenge #1. This first copy cat is from Keisha Campbell. She is awesome and I love her style! Here is the LO that I have chosen to be the first "copy cat"!




and here is my "copy cat" version:


As you can see - I pretty much copied the entire LO! I made a 6x6 page so I had to cut the cute little journaling bubbles down to 3 instead of 4. Plus I didn't have a stamp to do the polka dots so I just left it out. My version is not as nice as Keisha's original - but it's another LO completed for me! Yippee! So, please feel free to change it up, completely copy it, use paper or go completely digital - it's all up to you!!!

Please, if you do try this challenge – email me the link or jpeg to: scrapingal89@hotmail.com and I will post it on my blog along with my version and everyone else that plays along too! I am going to try to do this at least once a month…maybe more. So keep checking for added updates.

I think that's it for tonight.
Hoping to see some new copy cat's in my inbox!!!

Good night,
Dzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: